1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Work was really interesting. Shows you unadulterated view of the workplace. Good hands-on projects that will deliver tangible results for the team. Really fulfilling to have be able to impact the business and getting the recognition for it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Management good at pointing out your strengths and making sure that you are getting credits where it is due. Teammates are supportive and make sure that whatever work that was produced receives recognition from management.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Weekly catch-ups. Direct conversations with constructive feedback. Appreciate honesty and transparency hence makes you feel at ease at the workplace. Interesting perspectives can be gained from meetings and helps in developing your own character.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As busy as you can get. Individual projects, group projects, and also day-to-day tasks keep you occupied constantly. Rarely find anyone slacking as it is a fast-paced environment.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Significant responsibilities. Given autonomy to carry out individual projects. You are treated as a full-time employee, taking full responsibility for your actions.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Developed my python skills from scratch, and now I am able to use different packages with relative ease. However still endless things to learn but the training on technical skills had been refined through hands-on work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fast-paced, friendly and challenging. People coming from younger demographics make the work place fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Amazing. Filled with training with good amount of social events.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Managers were willing to deliver training and considering how expensive their time are, it shows how much the company values personal training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good but there are certain disadvantages associated with flat organisational structures.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Amazing amount of social events amongst interns and amongst full time employees.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive as it is London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?