1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very nice internship. I learnt a lot about the financial data industry and financial technology. Good opportunities for personal and professional development, and you feel very welcome from the first day.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued - they really appreciated your efforts and hard work, which was really encouraging and motivating. This does not only apply to co-workers, but also team leaders and managers.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
To a large extent - everyone was super helpful and available if you had any question or needed guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
With daily tasks, personal projects, group projects, and presentation, you had enough to do on a daily basis. However, the balance was good.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At Bloomberg, you get responsibility if you take responsibility. You own your projects, and you are fully responsible for the success of them. When you then deliver, it is recognised, which is rewarding.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My academic background is rather uncommon in finance and tech, so the skills won't really assist me in my studies. However, professionally, I developed a lot, both hard and soft skills, and these skills will definitely assist me in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very good and welcoming. All interns were great, and I made a lot of friends.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Incredibly well. Everything was planned carefully, and one could certainly feel the time and energy invested in the programme.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were a lot of training sessions during the first weeks to provide you with the necessary hard and soft skills to succeed at Bloomberg. However, drive and independent was sometimes needed.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you perform well during the internship and display the relevant skills and a keen interest in staying in your team, the prospects of staying are good.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It was brilliant. All interns were amazing, and the social initiatives were always great fun.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Rather expensive in the city of London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is a great place for going out
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?