1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a amazing experience and I learned a lot throughout the process
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel really valued. Everyone respects each other a lot!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support system at the firm is very valuable and insightful.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy. But that is great because you have things to do and learn
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt like I was a full time employee hence the responsibilities was a good amount.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt financial skills and technical skills which was great because it meant the learning curve was steep.
The financial knowledge I learned at university helped me during the process of the internship. The training provided by the firm was extremely helpful.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very positive and I enjoyed every bit of it.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall internship was highly structured. There was something planned every week which made things very active and fun.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had weeks of training which was great. The training really helped in terms executing and working on tasks.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very high. You learn financial and technical skills so the skills are not only useful but also transferable. Great opportunities in terms of future employment prospects
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Because of the many events that was organised for us, we got the opportunity to meet with everyone and build relationships. This allowed a good social scene among the fellow placement students.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
You can find affordable housing in London if you research so I do believe the cost of living is good. There are also many saving opportunities if you research.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good. There are places to go around the office.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. Bloomberg being well known for philanthropy, there were many opportunities to do so.