Account Manager Support Intern at Handelsbanken

Handelsbanken is a Top Employer

3.2/5

3.6
2.8

Great experience getting to see and understand how the decentralised aspect works. Really enjoyable meeting and working alongside clients.

Mixed in well with the team at my branch, however, as I didn't have access to a few systems it limited how much of an impact I could have on the team.

Was provided a lot of opportunities from my corporate manager.

As our branch is relatively new and small, there isn't many major developments happening on a daily basis.

As mentioned before, not having access to a couple systems put a limit on what I could help out with.

This internship was more practical than theoretical and will certainly be helpful in my future career. Also some of the development modules will help me in my degree.

Generally quite however, did have many interesting and fruitful conversations.

As there was a basic structure in place from the central head office and the rest was left down to the branch it was relatively well organised.

Spent time getting people from different areas of the bank together to teach us about their role.

Quite appealing mainly due to the small chain of command and ability to learn quickly.

A little as after the head office visits we went for a couple drinks after.

Relatively cheap as I lived at home and didn't have to spend much on necessities.

Wasn't the best in the area I worked however the local city was a 10 minute drive from where I live.

As its a decentralised bank its hard to socialise with people other than the ones from your bank.