1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship, i feel the time was fully maximised and it has definitely been a beneficial process. I would highly recommend an internship with PwC as its a great start to a career and it gives a great insight into the firm and helps you make a better informed decision in terms of a grad role.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
One of the best things about PwC was the colleagues i got to work with over the six weeks. I felt a valued member of every team i was in - something i wasnt sure if i would, as being an intern. All staff were really helpful in explaining tasks.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The set up from day one is great, i was assigned a buddy before i even started which was nice to have a point of contact before my first day. I had a career coach which was great and he was really helpful whenever i needed him, the feedback process is also really well structured.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I felt busy all the time through my internship, which was something i was pleasently surprised about - as being an intern i expecting some time to be spent not that busy. I was always booked to jobs which was great for the learning process as i felt every minute was useful.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given more responsility than i expected on my internship which was great, even from day one i was straight away put outside my comfort zone which was really beneficial in being allowed to learn new things. Despite having a lot of responsibility there was always a member of the team on hand to ask questions to if i needed.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have definitely developed lots pf transferable skills whilst working which i will be able to utilise in the future - such as organisation, time keeping, working as part of a team and most importantly, communication. I feel these skills will aid me both in returning to uni and in my future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere and ethos around the office is great - i always felt comfotable in the office and its a great environment to do work in. The casual but hard working set up was great for me and allowed me to excel. the dress for your days allows you to have more responsibility.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
organised really well, right through from the recruitment proicess, the induction/training week right up until the final few days. i feel becuase of how well strutured it is i didnt spend much time at all being not busy, there was always something planned to partake in. the inducton training week was great.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
the first week was an all in training process which touched upon the basics of the job i was about to start, as well as introduing me to the software and systems i would be using - which was great. then there was lots of on the job training too
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very much so - i hope to return to the firm after completing my universities. i feel this is a great firm to work for and i feel i have developed alot both personally and in terms of understanding the career path i now wish to take which has been very beneficial
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?