Intern working in various parts of cyber security.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I found the internship extremely enjoyable, every day I had lots of different tasks to do.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given a lot of responsibility on different tasks, which made me feel lilke a valued member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had lots of meeting with my people manager who helped me address and issues which I might have had. I also had a very good buddy who gave me lots of support and feedback.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had lots of work to do most of the time. At any time if I didn't have something to do I always knew I could ask someone if I could help out.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility on various tasks, but I didnt feel like I was thrown in at the deep end straight away.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned a lot about cyber security specifics beyond which I had learned on my course and I hope to further my understanding of the specific cyber issues I was doing on the job in my last year of university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very relaxed, I thought that it would be more corporate and closed but the office is very open and everyone is keen to speak to each other.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely well organised, there was a clear progression of work throughout the week and a lot of support available from the start.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They put us on a three day induction/training at a hotel with all expenses paid which was fantastic.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Unsure as of yet but I am hopeful. They are a top graduate employer so I would imagine a few of the graduates come straight from the intern scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes absolutely, we had a lot of social events and things to do. Everyone was keen to hang out after work on a Friday.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive, but this is as to be expected in the middle of London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good, London has lots of options for nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not so much apart from socialising however I imagine there would be more opportunities on a longer placement, mine was only 6 weeks.