1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I absolutely loved my summer internship at Enterprise. Being placed at Heathrow was challenging as its the busiest branch in Europe. This developed my communication skills as Im constantly explaining/listening to hundreds of consumers daily. Meeting thousands of customers from all corners of the world and being able to provide exceptional customer service was satisfying for me and fun.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My work ethic and attitude to learning was instantly noted to me which gave me more confidence. While only having one day of initial training, i was short of technical knowledge, however with the right attitude and determination, i instantly became up to grips with all sectors of the business, which i believe i was a great asset to my colleges and enterprise.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Due to London Heathrow being extremely busy time for support and guidance and personal development can be pushed back a little bit at times, however at first i made many mistakes on insurance pitches and claims. however my manager Shane always explained to me how to improve which helped my confidence selling and explaining.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
One disappointment from Enterprise at Heathrow was majority of the focus on a summer intern was on the front house of the business. I.E sales and customer service daily. This was a shame as doing this constantly everyday while wanting to learn and see glimpses of other sectors of the business was not possible to due it being very busy or thinking you dont need to learn it.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility to cater to the needs of my customer to be able to leave them completely satisfied. e.g. customer having a bad experience at another car rental company, which allowed me to offer them free upgrades etc. also training new interns was a great feeling for me as it developed my own skills and learn.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills ive learnt over the last 3 months will stay with me for the rest of my life. Developing my communication skills was vital for me. Communicating with thousands of different people monthly with different personalities and issues allowed me to also improve my interpersonal skills, dealing with each individual differently to meet the same goal of satisfying the needs of the consumer.
Generating over £18,000 revenue alone in the month of August was a massive achievement for me , ive learnt how to sell ethically and properly, which gives me huge confidence in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?