1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement at Mace. It was interesting, varied and provided a great insight into the construction industry.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Mace thrives on its people and I felt this way throughout. The entire team was welcoming and they value their placement students highly
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Following a slow start, I was given adequate support along the way to make the most of my time with the company.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Apart from the initial training, the work may be demanding but achievable with good management of time. However, this very much depends on the specific job and whether it is site/office-based
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As Mace values every member, they give you basic responsibility which builds up through the placement. Towards the end, I found myself working on important aspects of multiple projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Time management, organisation and gaining the experience of 'working-life' will certainly help me at university. In terms of career prospects, the experience of working at different offices and sites will be invaluable
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A very relaxed and welcoming office, especially on-site. All the facilities are maintained really well
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was organised really well - from the first day of training to the closure, I was made aware of my responsibilities and day-to-day events.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company really values each member and talent development is one of Mace's USPs.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Mace aims to be involved in the biggest and best projects around the world and so the opportunities are endless.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, all the interns I met were very sociable and lovely people
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The placements in London are likely to be expensive in terms of accommodation and travel, although Mace is happy to support financially or by other means
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
In the 10 weeks, there is enough time to explore many activities but there are further opportunities outside of work