1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My past 10 weeks was a complete joy from beginning till the end. Even as an intern, there is a lot of responsibilities in the role but everyone around is willing to support and help you learn as much and fast as you can. This is the place where you can bring all your ideas to life with the help of your team and managers.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was very lucky with my team and everyone really did support my ideas and suggestions. They really do hear everyone's opinion and value each member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were very supportive from the day I started. They taught me something new everyday and provided numerous amount of opportunities - whether it is being a part of weekly meetings or being introduced to various important stakeholders within the brand.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The job itself is very dynamic and fast-paced so I was not bored at any day. There was something exciting happening every day and this made the job more interesting and fun.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
It does depend on the team and managers. I was very lucky with my team where they encouraged me to express my opinions and execute them later on. I had a chance to work on a project from beginning till the end.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
There were many transferable skills I learnt during my internship - great communication skills, time management, creative and critical thinking as well as attention to details.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Perfect balance of fun and concentration.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was not organised well prior the start of the internship. As I later found out, my team was not aware of any details on the day I joined the team so it did feel very unorganised on the first day.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are many learning opportunities here and within 10 weeks, there is so much to learn!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?