1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Absolutely loved it. Thrown in at the deep end in terms of work and everyone in the team helped massively to make sure it was a success.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From the beginning the team helped me integrate and I left feeling like I was one of them. Everyone was social and there was a great amount of communication created a relaxed environment.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Every time I had a question everyone leaped to answer it quickly. Workwise I was given constant tasks and anything I was unsure of I was told to just go for it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was the odd occasion where I had little work to do, but this was not the norm. The norm was a constant amount of client work which cannot be faulted.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was treated like any other member of the team. The work that I did was expected to be of a high quality and then responsibility followed quickly to working on tasks by myself.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I go into a Master's in this area so the business insight given by this internship will only serve me in good stead, especially when looking for ideas and concepts with my Master's thesis.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was brilliant. There was a very relaxed atmosphere throughout the office, but this did prevent productivity and was actually conducive towards creating productivity. Jokes were made when appropriate and everyone appeared to enjoy everyone else's company.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From the get go it was clear that PwC knew exactly how the internship was going to go. There was a brilliant introduction at the beginning and then there were clear methods in place to ensure a full integration into my office. The office then knew exactly what to do with me and when to do it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They thoroughly invested in me. They offered me training whenever I did not know anything. Practically, they offered me the latest hardware to ensure that I could perform the task to the best of my abilities.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
To summarise, if I was offered an employment contract by PwC, I would take the job and be happy to spend the rest of my life at this company. I could not fault them one bit.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, this was created by the fantastic start to the internship through the residential - all summer interns were placed in Windsor for three days and trained together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was never short for money - however I worked near my family so I lived with them. Thus, I could not fully assess the cost of living.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Leeds is brilliant for a nightlife and York is good too. I tended to party in York as that is where I was closer too.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there was loads of socials happening within work, such as a board game night and a n evening drinks thing.