1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was a great learning experience and I grew a lot from it. I was given a huge amount of responsibility right from the start and although my project was challenging, it was very exciting to work on.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were all very nice - I was able to put time in with them and ask them their opinion on my project. It was also nice working with the other interns who were there for the summer/year.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was very busy throughout my time at L'Oréal and unfortunately I did not get that much time with her for her to explain things and guide me throughout the project.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy on a daily basis as my project was extremely detailed and a 10 week turn-around time was not long, so there was always something that needed to be done, which was good!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility during my internship - for the project I was working on I reached out to agencies and suppliers as well as many people in the business to reach my targets.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
L'Oréal offers an abundance of external training and development such as linkedin training, excel training, social media training etc., which I thought was amazing for personal and professional development.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invests a lot into personal training and development and offers a platform where you can sign up for different training sessions, which was extremely helpful!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As over 100 new interns started at L'Oréal it was nice to meet many of them and develop new friendships. There was a intern social at the beginning and end of the internship.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?