Investment Consultant at Aon

5.7/10

5.7
6.4

4.8

Learned plenty about the firm and what a full time position would entail. Also, I was lucky to be in a team with a few other interns which prevents you from feeling isolated.

Recent graduates were helpful in providing work when I had little to do. Others were quite difficult to approach which is understandable as they have interns and new grads every year so I am sure it becomes quite tedious for them when they just want to get work done.

Weekly catch up with the manager. Always there for support but you always have to go to them rather than the other way around ( welcome to the real world I guess).

Up and down all the time. When I had a decent project to do then you could be busy for two consecutive days feeling obligated to stay late to complete the task. When I had nothing to do which was often then the days do drag.

Not a lot. I was in a client team and so I am not going to have a client contact and anything you do for a client will be checked by someone higher.

Nothing related to my degree studies. I'm sure it can influence some peoples module choices.
The key to the experience is understanding what a role there would entail and it is definitely a shock when you come out from university. Uni is about learning- the corporate world is doing and grafting.

Busy. I was in the London office with hundreds of people on one floor.

Very well. Training week in Chelmsford to get us going. Weekly learning sessions from senior people from different business lines

Can ask questions to most people and they provide as I said before, meetings which give you insight into the whole business

Very appealing. High pass rate for CFA takers

yes. Regular team drinks sessions and interns arranged some of our own

Very expensive- London

Good- London

Not really- nothing I can think of other than meeting up with interns