Technology Engineer Intern at American Express

Computer Science Information Technology
American Express is a Top Employer

8.4/10

8.6

The internship was very enjoyable, with plenty of events throughout the 10 weeks to keep things interesting.

They really take into consideration your thoughts and opinions, valuing your contribution to discussions and taking action based on your feedback.

Everyone here is super supportive and approachable, always providing help when needed or pointing you to the right person for the job.

For the first couple of weeks I was busy with mandatory training, admin settings etc. However, I had plenty of work to do everyday, never a moment where I was just sitting there not knowing what to do.

A lot. We were trusted to take on a project completely from scratch, having to come up with the architectural design and diagrams. We also had lots of meetings with product owners and designers to ensure that we are developing the software to meet their needs. We were also given some freedom to choose certain technologies to work with.

I learnt a whole lot throughout the 10 weeks I spent here, from working in Agile, learning a lot about user experience design, unit testing with Jest, more experience with React and lots of other internal tools that are surely transferable to not only my studies but also beyond that.

Very relaxed, chilled atmosphere. You don't feel any stress here. Good vibes only. Amex culture is fantastic.

I'd say it is pretty well organised, with plenty of events taking place both in Brighton and London as well with was really fun.

It seems like the company really cares for their employees' personal and professional growth. They provide access the lots of internal courses as well as a Pluralsight subscription which was very beneficial. A lot of sessions were held as well about various different technologies.

Very appealing. I had a great experience here and would love to come back as a graduate next year!

Yes! I really liked my fellow interns. They were an incredibly diverse group of individuals coming from various different backgrounds and countries.

Decent. I lived in Burgess Hill where the office is located. I would probably live in Brighton though since there is more to do there.

Not much with regards to nightlife but Brighton offered more options and it was only 10-15 min by train.

Yes! We organised a lot of activities/nights out between ourselves.