1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Given tons of responsibility and made to feel like a valued member of the team, learnt lots of amazing skills and taken part in some exciting yet challenging tasks.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have made good friends with my fellow team members, and definitely feel valued by them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My team leader has given me tons of support, with frequent one-to-one meetings where I can give my input about how the placement is going, and whether I am getting everything that I want from it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am often very busy, although this is a good thing! I have a good amount of challenging work to keep me occupied and to really test my skills.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given tons of responsibility - within the first two weeks, I was assigned editor of the company newsletter, and have since lead an improvement project on a particular page within the site.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that I have learnt some fantastic skills that will benefit me in the future greatly, and aside from technical skills, I have been developed as a person and now feel that I fully fit in with the fun but professional atmosphere here at TCB.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is perfect, there are tons of fun activities and different things happening every single day, which makes me genuinely excited to wake up and come to work every morning.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was extremely well set up - it was clear that the company have put lots of time into planning these placements, and it truly shows through the amount of success I have achieved here.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company have put a lot of time and trust in me, and in turn this has developed me massively as a person - I feel like a completely different person since I started my placement
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are really appealing - I would love to come back one day to work here full time in similar role to my current one.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, all the placement students get along really well, and there is a really good atmosphere amongst the group
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Rent was very cheap, I managed to get a really nice flat for just £550 a month, including bills!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I haven't experienced Stafford nightlife but I have heard that there's no better place to go on a friday night
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are many after-work activities such as yoga, zumba, football, table tennis and other social events which are so much fun!