1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an absolute pleasure to be part of the Lloyds Banking Group for 10 weeks. I am walking away not only with a wider social and professional network, but also with friends made for life. The people I worked with and the ones I met during my internship were amazing.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Every single piece of work I did was highly praised by my peers, colleagues and line manager. What I was really pleased about was that not only did the team value the quality of work I was delivering, but they also valued me as a person and as a team member.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was always available when I needed help, support or guidance. There has never been a time when I had a blocker or was struggling with a task or a problem and they did not talk to me. Apart from my line manager, I could go to any other team member and I would be able to immediately get advice or support regarding any matter.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the nature of the projects I was involved in, some days were really busy, when I was working under tight deadlines and when the work needed to be delivered on the same day, whereas some other days were not as busy, as there were a few blockers involved. However, whenever I wasn't as busy, I was always asking for more things to do to support the other teams.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given complete ownership of certain tasks within different teams and regarding different projects right from the first week of the internship. It was very good to know that the whole team immediately realized how capable and trustworthy I was and as such, they assigned tasks to me accordingly.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
People and communication skills are undoubtedly a set of aptitudes that I developed whilst my time at Lloyds Banking Group, thanks to the teams and the kind of work I was involved in.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?