1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very insightful, learnt a lot about different products banks offer and the large number of different departments they have.
I would have preferred more technical work to have enjoyed my internship more.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was very nice to me and always helped me where needed. However, I wish my work could be more valuable, but I also understand that as an intern my knowledge is limited so my work has limited value.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Always had help where I asked for it/required it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always had meetings/work to get on with.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I didn't feel like the work I did was very important.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My skills at using powerpoint/excel etc have improved vastly as well as my soft skills such as teamwork, leadership etc.
I feel these skills will definitely help me in whatever career I choose.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I liked where I worked. People were always willing to have a chat and there was always more than just work talk where I worked.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
First 2 weeks felt a bit hectic and unorganised, but rest of internship felt well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Always had the opportunity to venture out to different departments.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would like to work in a place with a more ambitious and driven work culture.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, people were always willing to go out and have fun after work.
Some food thiefs in the accommodation, people that weren't very nice but I acknowledge that this is part of life.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive, it is London, but it is the drawback of living in such a fantastic city.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not many clubs, but plenty of bars/pubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lot of drinking opportunities, but not many sporting.