1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoy my time here. Great company and great team. They do really care about my personal development. I have opportunity to engage in different projects and do different tasks.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues are all take care of me. They are kind and friendly. They care my personal development, teach me how to do different tasks, help me solve problems. I feel engage well with the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I still remember the first day I came to office, my manager let me to think what I want to develop and achieve in this 10 weeks. He helps me to set and deliver my goal, arrange different kind of tasks to help me develop and provide valuable feedbacks.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am busy during the working hours and there are many different tasks to do. But I can control my workloads and able to enjoy my life here by engaging different challenges and events. I have a perfect balance between my life and my work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was able to engage in big and important projects and do important tasks for our team. Although I am an intern, I feel I was valued by the team and give lots of responsibility. I can clearly see my work contribute to the success of the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Before doing the job, I have limited financial knowledge and working experience. However, my line manager and other colleagues taught me step by step and provided me lots of training regarding to my weakness area. I have learned a lot about finance, banking and gain different skills
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
People are warm and friendly. They all care about each other and try to make the atmosphere relax. I am sure everyone in my office are all happy to be here. We have a nice common area where everyone are welcome to have tea/coffee and chat with each other
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The 10 weeks internship are well organised. I have opportunities to not only engage my team but also learn how different department works. We have different induction sessions, charity challenges and intern challenges, which help a lot in learning about the company. We can also have different shadow sessions
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have line manager and a buddy to take care of me during the 10 weeks and they are welcome to any questions. My manager and colleagues also provides me different trainings such as getting experts to Microsoft offices and financial knowledge
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Hard work will be valued. If did well during the 10 weeks, you will have a large chance to get a job offer from the organisation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes we have lots of social sessions that everyone can participate. I have opportunity to join drinks, offsite events and short trips
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
My company provide the accommodation for interns. It's a en-suit room and about 20mins walk to company. Near Angel station where there are lots of large shops around.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots of good restaurants nearby and many large shops. Transports are convenient. And it is quite safe here.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes we have opportunity to work for charity events, engage in different activities. Also have opportunity to have short walk trips.