1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement was very good, I always had work to do, my colleagues were very nice and always willing to help me and had a very supportive line manager
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued during my internship, my colleagues were always very helpful and gave me feedback when needed. They were always there to help
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was very supportive no matter what I was faced with during my internship
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always kept busy, I had projects to do and also had other jobs to do given by colleagues
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given the responsibilty of being in charge and owning my own important project around system faults
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have gained new skills around Excel and power point which will be great to have for future careers. I have also developed on my confidence, team working, communication and problem solving skills whilst being here.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmoshere within the office was very positive, everyone was very happy and friendly. No matter how busy other colleagues were they were always more than happy to help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very organised, I had a prject, targets to make by certain deadlines and weekly catch ups
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I gained a lot of training while here. I was even given the opportunity to do mock interviews to help me to develop on my interviewing and communication skills. I was also given a lot of help around system faults, power point and excel.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company is very appealing to work for. The colleagues and managers are friendly, they really want you to help achieve your goals and aspirations.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Myself and the other interns developed great friendships along the internsip. We went for lunch togetehr every day and even organised to meet up outside of work and even once we are done our internships we have plans to meet up again. They were all so friendly and greta to work with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I did not live in an accomadation during this period, I lived at home. However, food around Belfast can be quite expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The night life in Belfast is very good. There are plenty of places to go you are spoilt for choice. However, during the weekends they can be very exoensive and prices go up.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were a few opportunitites to get involved with chairty events outside of work but not many other activity opportunities.