1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- very nice, open minded and funny colleagues
- perfect workload with a good amount of learn effect and the chance to grow with the tasks
- very interesting to see the inside processes of the industry
- great variety of tasks and crossover work with different departments and point of views
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- They have always been very friendly to me, welcomed me with open arms. From time to time I had small talks with every one of them and most of them trusted me with tasks, that they have given to me. I have been involved in team events as well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I received a great management with very specific tasks and orders, asking for a good amount of work in terms of quality and quantity. The targets of my tasks were communicated clearly and I could allot my time according to my own prioritisation. There has been a very direct and friendly contact at all times.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- Very good balance in terms of the workload I have been given, I could allot my time mostly on my own with only some few jobs that had to be done before a certain deadline. I always had tasks left to do, so there was never a chance of boredom.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- Basically I have been responsible for my tasks with my supervisor still being responsible to the higher level management. I have been given some demanding jobs that are affecting future work processes so there has always been some kind of awareness concerning the responsibility of doing a good job.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- Improved my abilities in terms of specific programmes and reached another level due to the tasks I have been asked to do. My language skills have improved as well. My knowledge about the industry, work processes and the company have increased very much and based on that I had the chance to stay in the company.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very gentle, happy atmosphere with a good commitment to the work. Never experienced someone being overly sad or any disputes that would have been over the limit. I had the feeling that I could every single one of my coworkers and ask for help or get an answer for one of my questions.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- Everything has been set up before I arrived. I was provided a computer, work wear (shoes, polos and a jacket) There is a person that is mainly responsible for all interns who work in the same plant who is a very good contact for every new starter. There have been organised tours to other plants from the company as well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Training in systems, apart from that personnel improvement during the work itself.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- Future employments are very appealing to my, because I have great interest in the automotive industry and especially in my current company. The company has got plants all over the world, which gives many opportunities. Due to already being empoyed I had the chance to ensure a further employment after my current placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- Very good social bonding, all young people who are studying away from home and creating a nice society.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very wide range, but compared to a UK average, it's quiet expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is a very good pub scene, but not many night clubs. London is very nearby (reachable in about an hour) so you could use London's possibilities as well. Very happy and funny times in pubs, also with strangers. I never experienced any crime during one of our nights out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Organised socials with the other interns, self organised trips with friends and the opportunity to take part in sports clubs.