Information Systems Inter at RCI Financial Services

4.4/5

4.8
4.3
3.9

Working with all of business for releases to go live. Testing (automated / manual) (SOAPUI, Selenium, JMeter) Development (Java, SQL).

I enjoyed my time completly whilst on placement here, it had an amazing atmosphere and felt more like a family more than anything. Great people, interesting work and lots of opportunities.

I felt incredibly valued whilst on placement, i was given a lot of responsibilities whilst on placement and given the confidence in my own ability whilst doing this work.

Whenever I needed support or guidance it was provided almost straight away and well presented.

I had daily tasks to do every day which would take up a a couple hours of the day. The rest of the time I had been given other responsibility, whether it being big or small task, I was never given too much so it was un-manageable and was always kept busy/

As mentioned above i was given a lot of responsibility whilst on placement here. this could of been tasks for sign off of a release being performed or project work.

Everything I learnt whilst on placement will be incredibly useful for my future prospects as this covered a fair amount of material that hasn't / wont be covered whilst at uni.

It has an amazing atmosphere, there is a lot of work that needs to get done but due to the relaxed atmosphere it does cause stress and can be quite fun.

Most of the work i was given was organised / setup quite well and nothing was given to me without context.

There was personal training and development available to us. If i didnt understand something or needed some help with technical aspects i always knew who to go to, to learn what was needed for the task needing done. online resources were also provided when required.

There are graduate positions within the company and a lot of opportunities whilst there to move from departments to get a wider knowledge of company workings

Everyone got along really well and a wide variety of people to get to know from all over. Everyone was very nice and great people to talk to. Made really good friends whilst here :)

Rent it Okay for the location (Watford) however is still quite a bit compared to other places. There is a lot to do in the area however so there is that going for it.

Nightlife can be good if you in / around Watford.

There are things you can get involved with outside of working hours. These included run club, five a side football and more with people at RCI