Working with all of business for releases to go live.
Testing (automated / manual) (SOAPUI, Selenium, JMeter)
Development (Java, SQL).
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my time completly whilst on placement here, it had an amazing atmosphere and felt more like a family more than anything. Great people, interesting work and lots of opportunities.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt incredibly valued whilst on placement, i was given a lot of responsibilities whilst on placement and given the confidence in my own ability whilst doing this work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Whenever I needed support or guidance it was provided almost straight away and well presented.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had daily tasks to do every day which would take up a a couple hours of the day. The rest of the time I had been given other responsibility, whether it being big or small task, I was never given too much so it was un-manageable and was always kept busy/
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As mentioned above i was given a lot of responsibility whilst on placement here. this could of been tasks for sign off of a release being performed or project work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Everything I learnt whilst on placement will be incredibly useful for my future prospects as this covered a fair amount of material that hasn't / wont be covered whilst at uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It has an amazing atmosphere, there is a lot of work that needs to get done but due to the relaxed atmosphere it does cause stress and can be quite fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Most of the work i was given was organised / setup quite well and nothing was given to me without context.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was personal training and development available to us. If i didnt understand something or needed some help with technical aspects i always knew who to go to, to learn what was needed for the task needing done.
online resources were also provided when required.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are graduate positions within the company and a lot of opportunities whilst there to move from departments to get a wider knowledge of company workings
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone got along really well and a wide variety of people to get to know from all over. Everyone was very nice and great people to talk to.
Made really good friends whilst here :)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Rent it Okay for the location (Watford) however is still quite a bit compared to other places.
There is a lot to do in the area however so there is that going for it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife can be good if you in / around Watford.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are things you can get involved with outside of working hours. These included run club, five a side football and more with people at RCI