Assembly Engineer at GSK

Ware Greater London
Mechanical Engineering

GSK is a Top Employer

9.1/10

Assisting the manufacturing line engineering team to solve problems, prove principles and maintain lines.

Excellent opportunity to get real work and tackle real problems faced by the company, with a supportive and facilitating surrounding who do all they can to help your development and learning.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at GSK

The recognition at GSK is second to none, any good work will not go unnoticed and rewards are given to match the contribution.

GSK provided me with the perfect balance of guidance, but also free will to try and carry out tasks with independence. This may be daunting but they are always there to help if you are struggling with any aspects.

I was really busy majority of the time, but due to the nature of my role, there wasn't always an influx of work - but I always had something to get on with during the lighter days.

I was fully immersed and recognised as a team member rather than an industrial placement which suited me to a tee. They know exactly what to expect from an industrial placement, but also leave the door open to immerse yourself even more in whatever you desire to help with.

This placement completely opened my eyes to the world of work and made me realise how I can apply some of the things learnt at university to real life situations. Due to enjoying my placement, I will hopefully return to GSK upon graduation and so all training received will be invaluable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at GSK

It was fairly professional, but the team were always up for a laugh. It was a great work atmosphere and not so quiet as to make you bored.

Due to the vast number of industrial placements taken in each year, GSK have the process perfected and so the handover is helpful to allow you to settle in and continue on from the previous student.

I received many training programmes relevant to my role and got the chance to travel to France to visit the sister site - meeting people from another country working for the same company.

Coming back to one of the graduation schemes is my number one choice following graduation.

Due to 360+ placement students across the UK, there were many different socials, with a team of placement students given the role to organise regular events.

The prices were nothing I didn't expect, being so close to London.

There was always people going out to the local nightclubs which were accessible by a 5 minute train.

GSK are huge advocates of STEM Ambassadors and allow days for STEM activities.