1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed my internship a lot. My team were very well organised and sorted everything before I started, including setting a development plan journey which I utilised throughout the internship. They made my time very enjoyable, getting stuck in a variety of activities and tasks so that I was able to develop my skills and gain a very good insight to their roles.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my team. they were very nice and kind and made sure that I was very comfortable but did encourage me to take up tasks and activities that were out of my comfort zone. The work I produced did provide value to the team therefore, I felt very valued by them as I was able to contribute something beneficial.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support and guidance by my supervisors. They were always putting time to make sure that I am getting along fine and that I am enjoying the tasks that I am completing. Furthermore, they would also make sure to give me help whereby required hence, I did not struggle when completing tasks.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the nature of the work, there were some days whereby I was very busy completing BAU tasks that had deadlines such as the end of month. During those days, my time would be filled however, there were times when I would not be very busy with tasks and so I would need to focus on other non BAU task and my development journey. By having a 10 week development journey plan, I was able to keep myself very occupied such as making presentations to present to the team about topics which they were not to familiar with.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good amount of responsibility. The tasks that I was assigned were the same type of tasks that are conducted by other team members and so this means that I was given the same responsibility as my other team members. also, I was given responsibility of other tasks that provide value to the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills that I have developed throughout the placements are very transferable. they will assist me very well as I have learnt how to conduct and approach others when requiring help or when they are your stakeholders. this will help a lot during my degree and beyond when approaching people. Also the training received reaffirmed my basic knowledge.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is amazing. The colleagues in the office know how to have a good balance whereby they work very hard and complete their work but not always in silence. this encouraged a friendly environment thus it made it easy to approach others and get along with everyone.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was organised very well. The timings worked very well for me because it allowed me to settle in and get used to the office environment at first. I was able to get started however the only issue was the IT access which meant that I was not able to get stuck into my work quicker.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested a lot in me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
future employment prospects are very appealing with this organisation. they have a variety of jobd and departments that are very interesting to work in. Also the agile and working culture makes its very appealing to enter fulltime employment with this organisation as it promotes the good working culture such as flexible working hours.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
there was a good social scene amongst my fellow internship colleagues. they were all friendly and we all tried different activities outside working hours and had very good social outings. this made it easier to work with them and allowed me to get to know them better and have an enjoyable experience during the internship.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was decent. there were a variety of stores around us which made it very easy to get food and other things. I personally do not have any other experience to compare the cost of living to and so I reckon it was not too bad. The socialisation in the area worked very well as there was plenty of things we were able to do in our spare time.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I am not personally interested in nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
there were plenty of things to do outside of work and things to get involved with. the city is very energetic and had a lot of different social events and areas to explore. also as it occurred during the time of the fringe, it meant that there was many shows and activities to do.