Account Management Assistant at ProspectSoft Ltd

Stokenchurch South East
Business Management

ProspectSoft Ltd is a Top Employer

8.9/10

Assisting the Account Management team with any projects that customers would like, as well as helping maintain good relationships with customers.

I enjoyed working at ProspectSoft for 13 months. Being the Account Management placement, I was talking to customers every day, which was something I wanted in my placement. I also had the flexibility to get involved with other areas of the business I was interested in, and therefore got involved in a lot of the support side of things.

It also makes the placement enjoyable that there were so many other placement students on the same placement in such a small company, which adds a real social element to working at ProspectSoft.

Being on a placement year at ProspectSoft, I felt like I was not treated like a placement student, as I was just treated like any other employee. It was up to me to manage my own workload and to generate leads, so it really felt like I was valued in the Account Management team, as I was doing similar work to the other Account Managers.

All the management team at ProspectSoft are friendly, I felt I could ask my manager any questions I needed to, and my manager would then support me in whatever I was doing. However, if my manager was not free, there was also many other people in the company, who I knew I could ask and would be happy to help.

I also had an appraisal meeting with my manager in which I had the chance to raise any areas I would like more support on, so I discussed with her that I would like more help with closing sales, and since then, she has supervised me more when I am looking to close a sale.

As an Account Management placement, I have found the workload is very varied, as there are not many internal deadlines set. Any deadlines will be set by the customer as they need some work completing by a certain date – but this only happens occasionally.

I would say in my role I had a lot of responsibility, as I am talking to customers every day, there is no one to like ‘check’ your work before you do it.

Just working in a business for a year helps you develop so many skills that you could use in many other roles/careers. For example this year I have gotten so much better at talking to people in a professional way, which will be useful for any job I go into. But, also working for and IT company, I basically had no technical skills before starting at ProspectSoft, and now I know so much, which will help wherever I go.

The office is generally very chilled.

It’s very well organized, as you have a month of training before you start, and then when you first start, the previous years placements are still here, so you get to work with them for a bit.

ProspectSoft really invests in all the placements they employ, as they have so much to teach every placement.

The company employs a lot of the placement students after they graduate, a lot of the returning placement students then have the chance to work there way up in the company, for example the Head of Marketing was a placement student, and the Development Director was also a placement student.

It’s a sociable company because there are so many placements in the same position as you, as well as graduates.

I lived in Oxford on my placement year, as it was a 20 minute drive from ProspectSoft (Stokenchurch), which was slightly more pricey than were I lived at university, but nothing like London prices.

There is good nightlife in Oxford as there is 2 universities there, loads of bars and a few clubs.

There is a ProspectSoft football team people can join, there are BBQs, Christmas parties and recently we are organising golf.