6 months internship in the F&B Department in the Conrad Dublin. Working in the Restaurant Breakfast and lunch and Room Service.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed to develop my skills in the F&B department and to improve and develop myself.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very much! They gave me a training in the begining and explain a lot. They helped me if I had a question or if I didn't know something.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My mentor in the hotel helped me a lot to make my assignments of school. My supervisors helped me to work in the F&B and gave many advice.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depenced each day of course because it is a hotel. But normally it was a good balance of working hard and working less.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Not a lot because I was a trainee. I thought that was unfortunate. If I had been given more responsibility I had to learn more and I like that.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed a lot of skills and I am proud of that. I can use that hole my life. But I would like to had more training during my internship to learn more. Because I had only 2 trainings.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Mostly of the time they were very serious but sometimes there was time for a joke.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
For school, we had to made a lot of assignments and they helped me with that. But the hotel didn't made a trainings plan for me and I worked 6 months a lot on the same place in the F&B so I didn't had many variaton.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
To develop my F&B skills and myself.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think I don't want to work in the abroad in the future and this was only for 6 months as a trainee.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there were 4 other students in the hotel in the F&B department and the colleagues were very nice to us. We also were a part of the team.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was expensive to hire an appartment because it was in the city centre.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Awesome! There were a lot of differents pubs and clubs to have a great night.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there were a lot of opportunities if you wanted.