Gain experience on what it is like working as an actuary.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Excellent learning curve.
Really friendly people always happy to help.
Good structure of training at the beginning.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Always was shown appreciation after doing a piece of work.
Had an intern welcome lunch and was encouraged to attend all socials.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Was always given support when required and reassured that help was always at hand.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Reasonably busy. At the beginning, there was less work available but LCP give projects that interns can do as background work when client work is not available.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A good amount of responsibility. Its always difficult to give too much responsibility to an intern but I did feel very valued.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Excellent team working skills and presentation skills developed.
My communication skills were given a complete makeover.
Was an excellent personal development opportunity.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and social atmosphere. Senior staff always happy to help graduate staff. Really felt like a team.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised.
First week and half of second week was all training, which we given timetables for.
We also were given 4 projects to do throughout the internship duration, timetables were issued for this as well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Heavily invested, especially in the training in the first week, which felt like university, as there was so much knowledge given to me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, would love to carry on working here.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, everyone was up for getting involved in competitions and sports events - we played lawn games regularly at lunch times and even went go karting as a social.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reasonable cost comparable to being in the south of England.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Winchester is a quiet city in terms of nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?