Estimating, report writing, Valuation, Cost Check, Site Analysis, Takeoff, Reviewing Documents, Land Research, Assisting team as needed.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
To a large extent, it was good to learn something new and add to my skills and experience. I also liked that I had done something prior to what I was doing now, which I did not even know about. So I enjoyed that aspect.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
To a large extent, I was always given something to do, and I felt like the work I did was valued in the way the response and feedback was given to me, after what I had done.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
To a large extent, I was always able to go to them whenever I needed help or wasn't sure about something
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always had something to do after the first week, so I would say I was relatively busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a decent amount towards the end were I had to work on my own project, so it was nice to have that opportunity
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
To a large extent, some were skills I already had which I believe were elevated, others were developed by what I had to do, i.e using excel.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was pleasant, free flowing, cooperative, positive, team centric
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I would say it was exceptionally organised, we knew what we were supposed to do everyday, from the minute we started to the minute we ended.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think it's hard to gauge that, as some people's experience may be different for others, but I would say everyone had a mentor and for me they would speak to me. Give me feedback and advice which I would say was to a good extent.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very appealing, there's opportunity to move around within the business, and I feel like the company promotes and rewards people for their work so I believe the prospects are very appealing.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I believe there was, we met up a few times for drinks so it was nice.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's hard to note this, but I think it was fairly high, again it's central london so it is what it is
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was good , I experienced some of it, it's central london so there would always be things to do
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was but because of the short space of time I was not able to, but I would say given more time, there would be more activities to get involved in