Summer Scheme Student at Savills

Property/Real Estate

Savills is a Top Employer

6.6/10

6.6

As a Savills Summer Scheme Student, I was in the Commercial Agency Team and thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

I felt really valued, whenever I helped individuals in the team I was always thanked.. I made the most of the opportunities given, such as getting involved with extra curricular activities eg football, which enhanced the overall experience as I met many different colleges across the office. This helped with team bonding.

Overall, really good guidance. Great support and very inclusive. All questions were always welcomed.

I was always offered opportunities to go on site visits and inspections, playing a role in client interactions and then following up with admin and research.

I would say I was given a fair amount of responsibility, for example interacting in client meeting and asking questions where appropriate.

Definitely a useful month for developing skills for my course, Real Estate Management. I also think it would be beneficial for non- cog students looking for an insight into the property industry.

Generally really friendly and welcoming. In the kitchen, even people I didn't know would try and get to know me and vice-versa.

I understand that a regional office is perhaps more relaxed in approach, but better introduction to Savills as a company may have made the experience better. Otherwise v good.

They were really good at putting time aside for me, and even invited me to Savills Head Office in London for the day as i expressed an interest.

If looking regionally, they would be second to none.

I am looking for a London Grad Scheme. If you impress, this placement definitely helps with that. They can offer places to London Recruitment lunches off the back of this placement.

As regionally, there were few other interns, but actually it meant you could socialise with fellow colleges which was fun and for networking purposes it was really useful.

Oxford is known to be one of the least affordable places to live in the UK, but having said that, compared to London on a previous internship with another company, I have saved a lot more money here.

Few students around in Oxford during August, so compared to term time the nightlife was a little limited. However, plenty of places to go out / socialise after work, so i would say overall good.

Yes, my team were great at letting me know about other opportunities such as Tennis, Football, Cricket, which I made sure I tried to get involved in.