1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
As a Savills Summer Scheme Student, I was in the Commercial Agency Team and thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt really valued, whenever I helped individuals in the team I was always thanked.. I made the most of the opportunities given, such as getting involved with extra curricular activities eg football, which enhanced the overall experience as I met many different colleges across the office. This helped with team bonding.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Overall, really good guidance. Great support and very inclusive. All questions were always welcomed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always offered opportunities to go on site visits and inspections, playing a role in client interactions and then following up with admin and research.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I would say I was given a fair amount of responsibility, for example interacting in client meeting and asking questions where appropriate.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Definitely a useful month for developing skills for my course, Real Estate Management. I also think it would be beneficial for non- cog students looking for an insight into the property industry.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Generally really friendly and welcoming. In the kitchen, even people I didn't know would try and get to know me and vice-versa.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I understand that a regional office is perhaps more relaxed in approach, but better introduction to Savills as a company may have made the experience better. Otherwise v good.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They were really good at putting time aside for me, and even invited me to Savills Head Office in London for the day as i expressed an interest.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If looking regionally, they would be second to none.
I am looking for a London Grad Scheme. If you impress, this placement definitely helps with that. They can offer places to London Recruitment lunches off the back of this placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As regionally, there were few other interns, but actually it meant you could socialise with fellow colleges which was fun and for networking purposes it was really useful.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Oxford is known to be one of the least affordable places to live in the UK, but having said that, compared to London on a previous internship with another company, I have saved a lot more money here.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Few students around in Oxford during August, so compared to term time the nightlife was a little limited. However, plenty of places to go out / socialise after work, so i would say overall good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, my team were great at letting me know about other opportunities such as Tennis, Football, Cricket, which I made sure I tried to get involved in.