1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my internship, I felt as though I was a valuable part of the business. I learned a lot about being in such a huge business, about the culture here at L'Oréal. The knowledge that I gained was very useful and I will be able to use in all aspects of life.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues made me feel very valued, all offering support in numerous ways especially when I first started. I was given tasks which I would consider meaningful, these tasks were tasks which as an intern I wouldn't have expected so much responsibility and it shows that the colleagues value your work ethic and encourage and acknowledge your abilities
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My approach to every task was for me to tackle it myself and I only tended to approach my manager if I was severely stuck or just to show my ideas. My manager made sure to put in time for me multiple times throughout the week so that we can catch up and talk about things which I may have been struggling with.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
During m first couple of days, I was given a list of tasks that needed to be completed by the end of my internship, so on a daily basis I had so much to do which was good. I found myself often switching between tasks. This allowed me to also improve my time management drastically.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility during my placement. I found myself having to manage my time effectively, contact numerous amount of people and had ownership of many tasks. I was given task but given the opportunity to put my own spin and interpretation on it which was just great.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think that during my time here I feel a lot more motivated in regards to my university studies. The training that I took during my time here has allowed me to be much more aware of numerous things, my excel skills, presentation skills and my attention to detail has improved drastically.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is nothing like I expected, it is far different from the typical boring office that you hear of. Everyone gets the job done but the atmosphere is not daunting to the point that you do not want to speak or disrupt anybody. This is important because the atmosphere is quite warming
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think that the overall internship was well organised. I was given structured tasks and my manager always put time in for me to check the progression of the tasks. I was put on courses at the beginning of the internship which were very useful and fitted to the tasks which I was doing.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
L'Oréal definitely invested in me. they offered a range of coursed ( diversity courses, pitch and present, improving your social platform and how to network ) which were beneficial to not only the company but for my own development. I picked up skills that are not limited to just L'Oréal.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I haven't found out just yet whether of not I have a future with L'Oréal. But I have been quite confident that there will be a potential future for me here at L'Oréal after I graduate from university. I would love to work here in the future if they give me the opportunity.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene amongst my fellow interns was really good it sort of ensured that we integrate and get to know one another ( both summer and year long interns). But this didn't just stop at the interns, there was a great social scene generally amongst L'Oréal as a company.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home so it was pretty cheap
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Did not go out much in this area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We were given a range of opportunities to do things , participating in citizens days, there were opportunities to do volunteering and we had sports/team-building days