analyst in the Flow Rates and Structured Credit desks
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I learned a lot and had the opportunity to interact with a lot of functions within the firm.
Almost all the people I encountered were nice and intentionally helped me in better understanding the systems and the risk indicators.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They gave me many responsibilities as the weeks passed by and trusted me with projects they considered very urgent. many times I expressed my opinion even when contrary to theirs and they listened to it rather than merely dismissing.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
they always supported me in my tasks and I was given a lot of support. Even when I didn't ask they offered to help as they saw me struggling with my analysis.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depends on the day. At times I had to work only on my projects; others I had to stay until late to finish specific presentations and spredsheets.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As already said, a lot since the second week.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My degree studies are not much connect to the specific job I ma performing here so it helped me more on a personal level.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
very relaxed with only few times of rush when deadlines approached. All very proactive and collaborative
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It wasn't perfectly organized from the start but it played out well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They spent a lot on training for the interns and networking event throughout the internship period.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The appeal for the specific organization is great. The only negative aspect is the general trend of the industry.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes they were all very helpful and friendly. We had a lot of out of the office events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living is generally high in London compared to where I am from.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In the area I worked there wasn't much Nightlife after 7pm but in Shoreditch which is close but it was great
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes there are a lot of clubs within the company that I could have joined.
I joined the Rock Climbing club and it was amazing