Market Risk summer analyst at Nomura

Nomura  is a Top Employer

7.5/10

7.4

analyst in the Flow Rates and Structured Credit desks

I learned a lot and had the opportunity to interact with a lot of functions within the firm.
Almost all the people I encountered were nice and intentionally helped me in better understanding the systems and the risk indicators.

They gave me many responsibilities as the weeks passed by and trusted me with projects they considered very urgent. many times I expressed my opinion even when contrary to theirs and they listened to it rather than merely dismissing.

they always supported me in my tasks and I was given a lot of support. Even when I didn't ask they offered to help as they saw me struggling with my analysis.

It depends on the day. At times I had to work only on my projects; others I had to stay until late to finish specific presentations and spredsheets.

As already said, a lot since the second week.

My degree studies are not much connect to the specific job I ma performing here so it helped me more on a personal level.

very relaxed with only few times of rush when deadlines approached. All very proactive and collaborative

It wasn't perfectly organized from the start but it played out well.

They spent a lot on training for the interns and networking event throughout the internship period.

The appeal for the specific organization is great. The only negative aspect is the general trend of the industry.

yes they were all very helpful and friendly. We had a lot of out of the office events.

Cost of living is generally high in London compared to where I am from.

In the area I worked there wasn't much Nightlife after 7pm but in Shoreditch which is close but it was great

yes there are a lot of clubs within the company that I could have joined.
I joined the Rock Climbing club and it was amazing