Engineering (Year in industry student) at Network Rail

Birmingham West Midlands
Engineering

8.6/10

8.6

Manage the drainage asset on railway throughout the region.

I would say I have enjoyed my placement quiet a lot because I felt welcomed since the first day of work and plus I have gained new knowledge and experience which I could use at university and when I start my career.

I believe they value me quiet well because I engage with my colleagues in some of the project and I socialise with them such as going out for a meal.

I believe my management has given me a lot of support during my placement and great amount of advice that will help me in university and in my career.

I was quiet busy on daily basis as I not only had to complete certain projects but a lot carry out my day to day work as well. On top of that I had to visit quiet a lot of sites so this made my work more busy.

I believe I was given the right amount of work for me to gain experience and knowledge and to understand how the railway industry work. Furthermore, I believe I was given the right amount of work to understand the management side of working in a construction industry.

I believe it will help a lot with my degree.

The general atmosphere in the office I would say very friendly and welcoming.

I think it was well organised as I was given everything I needed for my placement since the first day.

I think they has invested in me some sense but because I am year industry student I don't believe they have invested in me as much as they invest on gradate students.

I think the employment prospect with the organisation is quiet impressive and I believe if I do get a chance to come again to the organisation I would defiantly would say yes.

Yes there was, other placement students and I had quiet good relationship so on that I have made a good friend that I will continue after my placement.

The cost of living was quiet expensive from my point of view and I believe that's the one bad side of the organisation that the placement students don't get paid enough to have a balanced social life.

I quiet don't know about that.

Yes I did get involved, played cricket with different team within the organisation and played football within my team.