Manage the drainage asset on railway throughout the region.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I would say I have enjoyed my placement quiet a lot because I felt welcomed since the first day of work and plus I have gained new knowledge and experience which I could use at university and when I start my career.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I believe they value me quiet well because I engage with my colleagues in some of the project and I socialise with them such as going out for a meal.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I believe my management has given me a lot of support during my placement and great amount of advice that will help me in university and in my career.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was quiet busy on daily basis as I not only had to complete certain projects but a lot carry out my day to day work as well. On top of that I had to visit quiet a lot of sites so this made my work more busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I believe I was given the right amount of work for me to gain experience and knowledge and to understand how the railway industry work. Furthermore, I believe I was given the right amount of work to understand the management side of working in a construction industry.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe it will help a lot with my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in the office I would say very friendly and welcoming.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think it was well organised as I was given everything I needed for my placement since the first day.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think they has invested in me some sense but because I am year industry student I don't believe they have invested in me as much as they invest on gradate students.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think the employment prospect with the organisation is quiet impressive and I believe if I do get a chance to come again to the organisation I would defiantly would say yes.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there was, other placement students and I had quiet good relationship so on that I have made a good friend that I will continue after my placement.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was quiet expensive from my point of view and I believe that's the one bad side of the organisation that the placement students don't get paid enough to have a balanced social life.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I quiet don't know about that.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes I did get involved, played cricket with different team within the organisation and played football within my team.