Office agent, representing buyers and sellers of offices.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the hands on nature of the Internship and how many different projects I had exposure to.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued and respected by all colleagues, no matter how senior they were.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given adequate support with all tasks and any needs or questions were catered to.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The first week was not that busy but as the placement went on my workload built up.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a large amount of responsibility, this along with the workload was built up over time.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned an unbelievable amount of knowledge - so much that you just need to be out in practice to see. The placement has been invaluable in terms of my degree as it assisted with my dissertation topic and will be extreamly useful in interviews.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was a very fun place to be - the 'work hard, play hard' balance was always perfect.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was extremely well organised in terms of the information provided before the placement commenced and when the placement commenced. However, there was no work planned for the students.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested a lot of time with webinars every couple of days.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to work with Savills when I graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The office was very social and appeared to have had a lot of parties and gatherings - however, none were organised outside of work when I was there!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of transport into work was £11 and the cost of socialising was average for Scotland.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Being in Glasgow, it had a vibrant and good nightlife scene.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is opportunities, unfortunately I never got to experience any as an intern.