Summer Analyst - Global Markets at Credit Suisse

Banking - Investment

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

8.4/10

9.6

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Credit Suisse. I got experience on different desks within prime services through the various rotations.
The culture within the bank is extremely inclusive and this was evident during my internship as everyone on the trading floor was more than iwlling to answer any questions I had.

I felt extremely valued by my fellow colleagues. When on each rotation I was included in any meeting that was held or any conference calls. This made me feel as though my input was valued. Each memeber was always extremely open to any suggestions I had and took them onboard.

During the internship I was matched to a 'buddy' and also a mentor so I always had a point of contact if I had any queries. This really helped me during my projects on each rotation as I had guidance from my colleagues who had previously worked there, making it asier to approach each task.

As I was given a project for each rotation, this meant I always had something to do whether it was research on the products being traded on that desk or meeting different team members to get insight into their day to day role on that desk. As I approached the end of my internship I also had a final presentation which incresed my workload so nesuring there was always something to do.

The aim of my internship wasn't based on doing actually work within the business but more so learning about the business and how the desks operate. As their is potetnial risk attached to the products being traded, our internship was focused on learning about these, providing us with more of an educational placement based on education rather than value adding.

As the internship consisted of presentations for each rotation, it really benefitted my presenting skills which will be of huge benefit going into my final year of college.
I received huge exposire to the world of banking which I could never have received in college so this has provided me with a wealth of knowlkedge. My time in Credit Suisse really helped my interpersonal skills as I had to arrange meetings with more senior people while on each desk.

There was a very welcoming atmosphere in the office, everyone was extremely friendly.

The internship was very well structured and the workload meant we always had something to do.

They invested heavily in me during the internsip which was evident thorugh the resources they provided me with.

I would love the opportunity to go back there into full-time employment.

Yes an extremely good social scene and a bar of the month was organised each month.

The city itself has becoming more and more expensive so the cost of living has hiked.

Not that great - there was a bar nearby, however, other than that there wasn't much available.

Yes, we had tag rugby once a week which allowed me to socialize and keep active.