1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Credit Suisse. I got experience on different desks within prime services through the various rotations.
The culture within the bank is extremely inclusive and this was evident during my internship as everyone on the trading floor was more than iwlling to answer any questions I had.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued by my fellow colleagues. When on each rotation I was included in any meeting that was held or any conference calls. This made me feel as though my input was valued. Each memeber was always extremely open to any suggestions I had and took them onboard.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
During the internship I was matched to a 'buddy' and also a mentor so I always had a point of contact if I had any queries. This really helped me during my projects on each rotation as I had guidance from my colleagues who had previously worked there, making it asier to approach each task.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As I was given a project for each rotation, this meant I always had something to do whether it was research on the products being traded on that desk or meeting different team members to get insight into their day to day role on that desk. As I approached the end of my internship I also had a final presentation which incresed my workload so nesuring there was always something to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The aim of my internship wasn't based on doing actually work within the business but more so learning about the business and how the desks operate. As their is potetnial risk attached to the products being traded, our internship was focused on learning about these, providing us with more of an educational placement based on education rather than value adding.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As the internship consisted of presentations for each rotation, it really benefitted my presenting skills which will be of huge benefit going into my final year of college.
I received huge exposire to the world of banking which I could never have received in college so this has provided me with a wealth of knowlkedge. My time in Credit Suisse really helped my interpersonal skills as I had to arrange meetings with more senior people while on each desk.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a very welcoming atmosphere in the office, everyone was extremely friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well structured and the workload meant we always had something to do.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested heavily in me during the internsip which was evident thorugh the resources they provided me with.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love the opportunity to go back there into full-time employment.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes an extremely good social scene and a bar of the month was organised each month.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The city itself has becoming more and more expensive so the cost of living has hiked.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not that great - there was a bar nearby, however, other than that there wasn't much available.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, we had tag rugby once a week which allowed me to socialize and keep active.