Summer Intern at UBS

Banking/Finance

UBS is a Top Employer

6.3/10

6.4

Preparing reports on trading activity for the team, very data heavy and excel based.

The work given was not challenging intellectually. Rather it was just a case of putting in the hours and effort.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The team I was in we're really great and we got along well.

They missed out my mid-term review.

Seemed like I could take on as little or as much as I was willing to. However, sometimes the response was that it would be quicker for the team to do something rather than teach me.

I was left to work independently, however the nature of the work was not business critical, rather nice to have for the team.

Not applicable in any way to my degree, but overall a good introduction to working for a major organisation.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

My team were great, others kept themselves to themselves.

Weekly seminars were great, but in no way did we have any control over which area we were placed in or given the option to rotate.

Excel workshop given, weekly seminars and a weeks raining on the basics of financial products.

If you perform well on the internship they are likely to offer you the full time grad role. However the consistency between the hiring/not hiring full time seemed irregular. Some great people missed out on full time roles, whereas some getting these full time roles were in no way better than those that didn't.

Good opportunity to socialise. As with anywhere there were groups that split off.

London prices, enough said but the pay more than covered Accomodation and nights out.

London

Charity day, sports challenges in the office.