Preparing reports on trading activity for the team, very data heavy and excel based.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The work given was not challenging intellectually. Rather it was just a case of putting in the hours and effort.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The team I was in we're really great and we got along well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
They missed out my mid-term review.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Seemed like I could take on as little or as much as I was willing to. However, sometimes the response was that it would be quicker for the team to do something rather than teach me.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was left to work independently, however the nature of the work was not business critical, rather nice to have for the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Not applicable in any way to my degree, but overall a good introduction to working for a major organisation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My team were great, others kept themselves to themselves.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Weekly seminars were great, but in no way did we have any control over which area we were placed in or given the option to rotate.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Excel workshop given, weekly seminars and a weeks raining on the basics of financial products.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you perform well on the internship they are likely to offer you the full time grad role. However the consistency between the hiring/not hiring full time seemed irregular. Some great people missed out on full time roles, whereas some getting these full time roles were in no way better than those that didn't.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Good opportunity to socialise. As with anywhere there were groups that split off.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London prices, enough said but the pay more than covered Accomodation and nights out.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?