1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement was academically rewarding and I enjoyed the company of everyone on my team and my floor. Would highly recommend.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My opinion was always considered and taken on board, even in the final moments of our major project's deadline. I felt involved.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given one-on-one teaching and guided along the way. I worked alongside MDs and directors, and everyone on the floor was willing to help, advice and see you do well
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was never a dull moment, right from the first day. I did not feel overworked and had the freedom to manage my own time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given free reigns to make a start on our main project; gather research, contribute ideas and other possibilities. I was involved in client meetings in my first week. I learnt a lot.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
the skills I learnt will be particularly useful as I am from a finance background. However, I was able to some industry specific knowledge from the that I would not have come across in my studies. I appreciated the variety that come with the job
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Chatty, with a lot of top-class humour.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
At the start, I felt unsure of the structure. But it all fell into place around the 3rd week and I realised it had a structure all along.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were given resources, both hardware and software, financial training and industry experiences. We were also invited to group training and could invite anyone for a coffee chat
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
good banter all round
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
manageable, if you choose wisely
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?