Summer Intern at Matrix and Biolage in the Professional Products Division
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my time at L'Oréal, I thought it was really rewarding and offered a lot of exciting opportunities. Everyone was really nice and friendly and it was really interesting to be given such a variety of tasks to assist my brand. The working culture is really strong here and there is a healthy sense of collaboration and cooperation.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
More information could be provided at the start as to the details of the role I was going into, as well as a more comprehensive description of the business as a whole and within my division. For example PPD context training was a very good introduction to the brands on the floor but as it was given a few weeks into the internship a lot of the information had already been learned by habit.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?