finance at Lloyds Banking Group

Accountancy Financial Management Accountancy Financial Management

Lloyds Banking Group is a Top Employer

5.3/10

3.8

was interesting going into an area which I had no experience in and I swiftly learnt a lot. it was a lot of sitting in front of excel all day which was hurting my eyes I wish it was more varied however the role was in finance. the commute was long.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Lloyds Banking Group

some people valued me more than others and some would Ignore me a bit. I didn't get invited to any of the team nights out and they would discuss it in front of me which I was upset by. they were helpful when I needed help and I would help them with tasks too.

my managers were good if I ever had a question I felt able to ask them they were kind however would not let me work from home which was frustrating. but I was unable to claim expenses and its been over 2 months I am £50 out of pocket still.

This section of the comment has been removed
by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because
it did not meet our site terms and conditions

we do not speak to clients however I would send queries to other people in the bank that were for fairly large amounts of money. I would also match off reconciled items. As I got further into the internship I felt I took on more responsibility site the team would no longer check if the work I was doing was correct as they trusted I had done it right.

I learnt a lot about finance which may help me with my degree in the future. the tasks I learnt to do in excel were beneficial however the computer systems are extremely old so im not sure whether a lot of the stuff is too useful for me. im not aware if companies will actually be using excel in the future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Lloyds Banking Group

the office was big with around 100 people with quite a relaxed atmosphere and casual dress code.. there were coffee machines and water and a vending machine in my office. the lifestyle was very sedentary and very unhealthy. there were always cakes and biscuits around and no one would think about what they were actually eating

fairly well however pontoon were not good. they replied the an email I sent a month later. their phone number always goes to nothing as they have no hold or voicemail. everyone had trouble getting onto the laptop for the first couple of weeks. I was unable to get online for weeks and feel like this should be prioritised.

there was an excel worksop,. we were also invited to the lunch and learns,.

• There were no perks with this Internship

I am interested only because it is something lined up for me in the future should I was in however I found the lifestyle too unhealthy and don't think id be able to work in an office because of this.

most people would go out on Friday and Saturday nights however this was happening every week with pres in my flat it would get very loud I would just want to get to sleep. some people would meet for lunch or commute together. we also had a team charity challenge so we were able to fundraiser together which was fun. We held bake sales meaning we bakes together in our flats.

cinema was half the price of kent. most food was the same price. the gym membership was cheap opposite,

good there were a lot of clubs ad the FRinge was on so it was more expensive. I didn't go out a lot

yes I attended my usual sports activities however you must look for them to join them. someone easily got a volunteering job locally.