1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
was interesting going into an area which I had no experience in and I swiftly learnt a lot. it was a lot of sitting in front of excel all day which was hurting my eyes I wish it was more varied however the role was in finance. the commute was long.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
some people valued me more than others and some would Ignore me a bit. I didn't get invited to any of the team nights out and they would discuss it in front of me which I was upset by. they were helpful when I needed help and I would help them with tasks too.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
my managers were good if I ever had a question I felt able to ask them they were kind however would not let me work from home which was frustrating. but I was unable to claim expenses and its been over 2 months I am £50 out of pocket still.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This section of the comment has been removed
by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because
it did not meet our site terms and conditions
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
we do not speak to clients however I would send queries to other people in the bank that were for fairly large amounts of money. I would also match off reconciled items. As I got further into the internship I felt I took on more responsibility site the team would no longer check if the work I was doing was correct as they trusted I had done it right.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt a lot about finance which may help me with my degree in the future. the tasks I learnt to do in excel were beneficial however the computer systems are extremely old so im not sure whether a lot of the stuff is too useful for me. im not aware if companies will actually be using excel in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the office was big with around 100 people with quite a relaxed atmosphere and casual dress code.. there were coffee machines and water and a vending machine in my office. the lifestyle was very sedentary and very unhealthy. there were always cakes and biscuits around and no one would think about what they were actually eating
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
fairly well however pontoon were not good. they replied the an email I sent a month later. their phone number always goes to nothing as they have no hold or voicemail. everyone had trouble getting onto the laptop for the first couple of weeks. I was unable to get online for weeks and feel like this should be prioritised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
there was an excel worksop,. we were also invited to the lunch and learns,.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am interested only because it is something lined up for me in the future should I was in however I found the lifestyle too unhealthy and don't think id be able to work in an office because of this.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
most people would go out on Friday and Saturday nights however this was happening every week with pres in my flat it would get very loud I would just want to get to sleep. some people would meet for lunch or commute together. we also had a team charity challenge so we were able to fundraiser together which was fun. We held bake sales meaning we bakes together in our flats.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
cinema was half the price of kent. most food was the same price. the gym membership was cheap opposite,
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
good there were a lot of clubs ad the FRinge was on so it was more expensive. I didn't go out a lot
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes I attended my usual sports activities however you must look for them to join them. someone easily got a volunteering job locally.