Task include formatting of powerpoints, puling data in Excel, creating charts and updating files with new results when companies released them.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was very interesting and rewarding to partetcipate in the Internship Program. The team waas great and had a very good time there despite the intensity of the work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
People are all very kind and considerative, they take time to go for a coffee with me and always are available for explanations and insights.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a lot of guidance, the HR team is very nice and supportive. You can talk to them whenever you need something and in the team I had 2/3 review sessions with the COO and the staffer. They try to give as much feedback as possbile.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I did the internship during the summer so considering that it is a quiter period than the rest of the year I was not too busy. On an average basis I went home around 12/12.30 AM. Still there were some very busy days but it is all a matter of business flow.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At the beginning my team gave me straightforward tasks and step by step you learn how things works and task become wider and more comprehensive.
In general it is a ste by step learning and improving process so never sometihng too complicated, and if they always helps me to find out which was the best way to do it.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think what I learnt during this internhsip is vewry valuable, I improved a lot my skills in Excel and Powerpoint and gained a much deeper understanding of the industry and type of work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I liked my team a lot and had a good time with them. The atmosphere was not too busy (because of summer) and people lke to have a talk sometimes and are all very kind.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was very good organized. The HR team organized some very nice events throughout the summer where we interns had a chance to spend some time together. We also had a volunteering day.
Moreover, each intern had his own buddy who he could always reach out for advise or help.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think CS puts a lot of effort in the Summer Internship Program, interns have a first training week were they get taught the fundamentals of finance and IB. And also during the whole programme there are a lot of activities and learn ing sessions organized where all the interns ahave to join.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think it is very interesting to work at CS and would consider this possibility. Moreover their internal mobility is very strong and they always try to satisfy employees' needs.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there was a good atmosphere. I became friend of other interns and spent a lot of time with them. In the team, I used to have lunch of coffee with some of the analysts so I would say it was a good place to be and people were open at all times.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I have to say that Canary Wharf is not too expensive for eating out, usually I had a salad at lunch and you spend less than £10. Living costs are higher and you should consider to pay £800/1000 per month tyo rent out a room in this area or nearby.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife is nice in Canary Wharf, there are pretty a lot of pubs and restaurants. I did not have very much time to spend time outside the office during the week though, but those few times I di it was great.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes and no, CS organized activites but of course being here as an intern means harfd work. So I prefered to focus on the job instead of going to the gym or participating in other activities.