Summer Intern at UBS

UBS is a Top Employer

6.6/10

6.5

Investment banking Summer intern

The content of the work was very interesting. Anything I didn't enjoy was part and parcel of an IB job.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

All very warm and incredibly patient. Was credited for any contributions I gave to projects regardless of how minor and the juniors pushed to give us senior exposure.

N/A- I didn't encounter any material problems personally. Where other interns did in our group they were helped.
The only time I wanted a discussion with my line manager they were very forthcoming with their time.

It was a quiet Summer- but this was the case for interns on other equivalent desks at firms which would get more dealflow (due to balance sheet). This meant that there was a lot of time to reflect on our deals, which was a positive.

Enough. I wasn't given any critical tasks (which should not be given to interns in my opinon) but the difficulty of the work gradually increased throughout the Summer.

I study Mathematics.
I learned a lot of soft-skills and a lot about attention to detail when reading large blocks of text- but this is not overly applicable to me degree.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Good. Everything was relatively relaxed, I did not see people speaking to eachother disrespectfully (as I have elsewhere).

Was well-structured re training and hitting the desk.

People who were clearly too busy blocked out their afternoons to teach us about the product, when there was no clear value add from us if they did so.

Too soon to comment on this. Cautiously optimistic.

It's inherent in the role that not everybody is available to go for a sitdown dinner in the evenings or for drinks after work. Many still made the effort to socialise within the class even despite having to go back to their desk

Standard for London- expensive for the rest of the UK.

We were next to Shoreditch- if that's what you like there's an abundance of choice for bars, late night restaurants (5 min from Duck and Waffle/Sushi Samba) etc.

What would be expected from this sort of role.