7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was generally positive, however as it is an open office and a lot of people have meeting calls so it can get a bit distracting.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Initially before I came I did not know what I would be doing right up until my first day in the office. This was ok because I was placed in a team that I really wanted to be in however for others this could be seen as a problem.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was constantly challenged and they hosted a lot of sessions with speakers from different areas allowing a lot of learning.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future prospects are very appealing and there is a lot of room for growth within the team and the whole bank.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Overall there was about 50 interns and there was a good community vibe including a lot of grads joining swell in the middle of the internship.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
There is not many things to do in Knutsford and the surrounding area. It is also a very expensive place to live.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is not many places to go out to nearby however we had some events but they were about 25 minute drive away.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lot of opportunities to get involved in different sporting / charity events.
Imagine yourself working at Barclays
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at Barclays