Gain an insight to the various desks of prime services offered in Dublin
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed the internship. It provided me with insight into the services provided by Credit Suisse. The internship was a valued-added program which I got the opportunity to learn more about my strengths and Credit Suisse's strengths as an employer.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very comfortable around my colleagues. The projects assigned to us added value to the work, and they were very grateful for this. I worked alongside my colleagues, getting a taste of how the business operates.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management were always available to help us with any queries or questions I had. They set aside time to help me, always answering any questions I had.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
We worked on a project for a 2 week duration. We had the perfect balance, leaving time to do the project, and having time to have meetings and shadow.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I got the opportunity to understand the services offered without having to worry about deadlines and too much responsibility. I organized a charity event which I was responsible for.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills developed here will benefit me in my final year of study. Not only have I picked up hard analytical skills, I also picked up soft skills that are essential in going forward.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere was comfortable, having an ideal work environment
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was Very well organized. I got to experience the full offering of the company given the various rotations I took part in. I sat on each desk for 2 weeks giving me enough time to learn about the various roles at the firm. It was a 10 week efficient program.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested in us providing us with the opportunity to learn from other offices, from directors. I learnt an immense amount of knowledge during my internship. The knowledge was gathered from asking questions, every member was willing to answer my questions and provide more colour about various topics and insights.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The prospects are very appealing, given I got an insight into what the role would consist of.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The company made sure that we socialized with the rest of the firm hosting events throughout our internship . These events would include bbqs, drink nights, charity events. I got to know members of the firm outside of the office which was great to build a relationship with them further.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is standard for Dublin. The office is located beside the rest of the big Dublin names.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is a charity committee that I got involved in and there are various events hosted throughout.