Technology Summer Intern at Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

7.2/10

6.6

5.5

Great environemnt to work in, HR and my team were particularly loved me and made me feel welcome. Types of work was diverse and I was able to network and meet a lot of people. Exposure to senior management was very appreciate in my role and I felt very welcome.

My colleagues all appreciated having me within the team and the work I was given was challenging and new but also doable and exciting. I was held accountable for my work and responsible for the development. All of my input and hardwork was appreciated by my team and senior manageme nt.

My manager, buddy and HR manager were all available when I needed them and always touched base with me on a regular basis. They were supportive in all aspects of my internship and gave me encouragement throughout. They also gave me constructive feedback and told me how to do things better.

My schedule varied from week to week with how busy it was, however I always had things to do and was never bored. My schedule contained networking and completing various projects which were up to me to manage throughout my week. As an individual I tried to ensure I balanced my workload.

I had both an individual and group project that I had to manage and be responsible for. My particular individual project was my own responsibility and it was up to me to ensure the work was progressing and to a high standard. The group project had similar expectations in terms of responsibility.

I development many skills particular time management, prioritisation and team management skills. The various tasks I was given allowed to me to learn and further improve these valuable skills. Whilst I had learned these skills in my degree it was nice to be able to apply it within a work environment.

Atmosphere in the office was generally wonderful, the office was nice to work in and the open plan office was nice. It was nice to have all my team members close by to talk to them. Having senior management very close by made them more approachable and welcoming within the office.

Generally HR did a good job in organising the placement generally. They spaced out various talks and included a charity day. HR did their best to fill our calendars from the start. Most things were well thought out. The inclusion of a group intern project was interesting with some possible improvement.

The company did their best to provide me with assistance and training materials for my work. They also invested in my soft skills, for example presentation skills by giving me some tasks. They did their best to accomodate me. I learned lots but there could have been more for me to learn.

• There were no perks with this Internship

I would love to come back to this company if given an offer. The enviroment is quite nice and I would hope to receive the same coming back. The work/life balance is also very appealing, and the work is interesting. The graduate programme also seems interesting being able to do 2 rotations.

Interns for my stream were sociable, meeting for lunch as often as we could. We had the occaisonal dinner and aimed to make other plans. We enjoyed each others company. The current graduates also aimed to plan various social events and tried to involved us as much as possible over the summer.

N/A

N/A

There is scope to join acitivities outside of work although not much was done personally over the summer. It was possible to do activities for example some societies or social events after work. There were not many other options in terms of activities to do both with other interns and individually.