1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great environemnt to work in, HR and my team were particularly loved me and made me feel welcome. Types of work was diverse and I was able to network and meet a lot of people. Exposure to senior management was very appreciate in my role and I felt very welcome.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues all appreciated having me within the team and the work I was given was challenging and new but also doable and exciting. I was held accountable for my work and responsible for the development. All of my input and hardwork was appreciated by my team and senior manageme nt.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager, buddy and HR manager were all available when I needed them and always touched base with me on a regular basis. They were supportive in all aspects of my internship and gave me encouragement throughout. They also gave me constructive feedback and told me how to do things better.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My schedule varied from week to week with how busy it was, however I always had things to do and was never bored. My schedule contained networking and completing various projects which were up to me to manage throughout my week. As an individual I tried to ensure I balanced my workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had both an individual and group project that I had to manage and be responsible for. My particular individual project was my own responsibility and it was up to me to ensure the work was progressing and to a high standard. The group project had similar expectations in terms of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I development many skills particular time management, prioritisation and team management skills. The various tasks I was given allowed to me to learn and further improve these valuable skills. Whilst I had learned these skills in my degree it was nice to be able to apply it within a work environment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmosphere in the office was generally wonderful, the office was nice to work in and the open plan office was nice. It was nice to have all my team members close by to talk to them. Having senior management very close by made them more approachable and welcoming within the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Generally HR did a good job in organising the placement generally. They spaced out various talks and included a charity day. HR did their best to fill our calendars from the start. Most things were well thought out. The inclusion of a group intern project was interesting with some possible improvement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company did their best to provide me with assistance and training materials for my work. They also invested in my soft skills, for example presentation skills by giving me some tasks. They did their best to accomodate me. I learned lots but there could have been more for me to learn.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to come back to this company if given an offer. The enviroment is quite nice and I would hope to receive the same coming back. The work/life balance is also very appealing, and the work is interesting. The graduate programme also seems interesting being able to do 2 rotations.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Interns for my stream were sociable, meeting for lunch as often as we could. We had the occaisonal dinner and aimed to make other plans. We enjoyed each others company. The current graduates also aimed to plan various social events and tried to involved us as much as possible over the summer.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is scope to join acitivities outside of work although not much was done personally over the summer. It was possible to do activities for example some societies or social events after work. There were not many other options in terms of activities to do both with other interns and individually.