1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I very much enjoyed my time interning at Cushman and Wakefield.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues made me feel very welcome and a valued member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My buddy ensured that I settled in well to the team, introduced me to my colleagues and generally oversaw my placement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My team made efforts to give me relevant, realistic tasks to complete which were used and sent to clients.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had my own workload to complete and was able to make contact with other agents. Work that I completed was used and sent to clients.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills and knowledge gained from this placement will undoubtedly be useful during my continued studies of real estate and later in my career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The team were all friendly and chatty. Although when time to work, colleagues were focused and chatting was minimal, as expected.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was organised well. All important information relating to the interns was communicated before and during the internship. A good structure was in place.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
HR arranged several workshops for interns relating to presentations and dealing with clients which were very useful. We also sat in on few talks delivered by colleagues from different areas in the business and were able to attend a tour around the RICS HQ.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Cushmans are one of the few firms that do give out early offers following an internship with them. I will have to wait until September to find out whether I have been successful!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The team were a social bunch and during the first few weeks of the internship there was always a social event on such as drinks, team volleyball, client launches, etc.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in London is expensive, however, you are paid well for the internship.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London nightlife is very good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. I attended launches, social events with other agents and more. My team also took me out for lunch on my last week which was nice!