1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship at Nomura was interesting and useful. I learned a lot, I met a lot of interesting people and I was able to expand my network of contacts.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team was really nice and sociable. Everybody treated me like a peer even if we have different seniorities. A lot of event to improve the relationships between the team were organized both by HR and by my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
When I needed help, I always found someone that was able to give me. They spent time to teach me and explain what was not clear.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had different things to do, but I also had time to socialize and meet people. The hours were not crazy and work was always interesting.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I think I was given enough responsibility, but not too much. I am an intern and I am here to learn, so I need more time before being exposed to clients or things like that. My team is however really quick in giving you responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned a lot of things that can be useful in my future career. An internship is the right step between university and a job, because it exposes you to the job world but you're still learning a lot.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everybody was always available to help or to have a chat. The environment was really stimulating and the atmosphere was good.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was really well organised, with a lot of different activities useful to learn and to bond.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a week of training at the beginning, plus different trainings organised by the company and the HR during the internship. Moreover, also the members of the team organised useful trainings.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I still have to discover if I received an offer or not, but if I did I will accept for sure.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The environment was friendly and interns were nice and outgoing.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The area is costly to live but not crazy. The perfect balance is to live outside the area, still having the possibility to socialize there.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It is a lively area with a lot of pubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A lot of different activities were organized both by HR and the team. Some examples are drinks, volunteering, a game night, comedy night.