Software Engineer Intern at J.P. Morgan

Glasgow Scotland
Computer Science Information Technology

J.P. Morgan is a Top Employer

8.1/10

Thoroughly enjoyed my internship, I was made to feel welcome, a large amount of resources were provided to me to help me learn more about the company, and I got to enjoy some very fun socials.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at J.P. Morgan

My colleagues were very busy most of the time I was working there however they still set aside time to help me and answer my questions when needed.

While my supervisor was often busy he still put in the effort to answer my questions when necessary, campus recruitment was also readily available to answer any other questions I had.

Although the project I was given didn't occupy a lot of my time, I was given the opportunity to also help other team members and learn about things on my own which helped occupy my time.

Not a huge amount, the project I was given was fairly small and I didn't feel it was particularly valuable to the team's work.

My time here provided me with valuable work experience as I have never worked in a professional software development environment before.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at J.P. Morgan

Fairly quiet however my colleagues were all quite friendly and easy to chat to.

A lot of effort has gone into organizing interesting events and support for interns here.

I was provided with very good quality learning resources and was allowed to also attend interesting seminars and lectures which the company organized.

Have yet to receive confirmation of a future position on the graduate scheme however I feel that in future if I applied for a different position my chances are fairly good of acquiring it.

Became good personal friends with some of the interns here.

Cost of living in Glasgow is very good, the centre has some expensive places but overall it's very good

Central Glasgow has some very good restaurants, bars and nightclubs.

There were a number of events that were organized which we could also attend outside of work hours, Ignite for example was a company society which organized talks and socials for people interested in particular business areas.