HSBC UK CMB summer intern at HSBC

birmingham West Midlands
Banking - Commercial Business Analytics

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.7/10

intern in the ISB UK team, working on business strategy and performance.

I thoroughly enjoyed this internship, the support we received was excellent and the work I was doing was insightful and always kept me busy. The positive, relaxed atmosphere in the office made the internship even more welcoming and enjoyable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

I felt as though my opinions and views were respected by my colleagues, and that they viewed me as a part of their team rather than just as an intern who was only there foe the summer.

I was given regular EBI feedback by my manager and supervisor which was very constructive and insightful; however I had to ask for feedback and wasn't given to me without my own input.

Bar the odd week, I was busy with plenty to do for the majority of the internship. This level of work was manageable and was never too much that I had to work extra hours in the morning or evening, overall I thought it was the perfect amount.

I was given a greater level of responsibility than I expected, but this was definitely a positive thing. I was left in control of my work and was allowed to find other pieces of work or attend any events I was interested in out of choice, which certainly helped me learn more about the role.

I developed my organisational skills on this internship, which I will utilise when managing my time for ongoing assignments and during exam season. Additionally, the internship has helped develop my confidence and presentation skills, which will be very beneficial when presenting my 3rd year research project next year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

An incredibly pleasant surprise - the atmosphere was welcoming, relaxing and friendly, which really helped me to settle in during the first few weeks.

Very well organised - there was a clear structure and plan to the internship, with all events organised with clear learning incentives and objectives in mind.

We had extensive e-learnings as trainings, plus a global induction day and intern development day. These resources and events clearly had significant investment put into them by HSBC, which made them effective ways to learn and develop ourselves.

Incredibly appealing. We've been given lots of information about future employment opportunities such as the graduate scheme and international managers scheme, and these seem like very exciting opportunities which we can pursue.

One of the highlights of the internship scheme was how social the intern scene was - we regularly met up for lunch, met after work and had organised socials which everyone loved getting involved in.

I lived in student accommodation which was relatively cheap considering how close it was to the city centre, and the price of socialising in the area was reasonable and the kind of price I came to expect.

The nightlife was excellent in the area of Birmingham I was in, me and my fellow interns regularly explored the nightlife scene in the area.

There was a CSR charity day outside of work which was one of my favourite days on the internship.