7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was pretty tense most of the time because we were always trying to do something, we had a small amount of people trying to do a lot, and sometimes my management was absent for hours at a time. We didn't really have time for fun, we wanted to do like a group lunch or something but it just never worked out.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Not great.. I was more or less thrown to the wolves aside from the two days of orientation they had me do at corporate. On my very first day I was writing tickets solo but had very little idea what I was doing. My manager didn't really put too much effort into training me but helped me when I struggled, my co-workers trained me in some respect, as they gave me tips and tricks a long the way and taught me how to do a lot of things through eCars.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We did have a sales training every month with the area manager which helped me. I wish my office was more focused on development because that would have made a difference.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They offer the possibility of working part-time during your semester and advertise pretty widely the prospect of being hired after graduation. I have not completed the internship just yet so I am unsure if these offers will stand true for me, but what I do know if they do try to keep you on board with them.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We all got a long pretty well, since its mostly people in college or fresh out of college in the offices, it's often a good fit for young people because we all can relate.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The area is pretty pricey as it is nice, suburban, and a huge college town. My rent was close to 2 grand a month plus other "life" expenses. I tried to minimize going out.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife is average. Small bars, bigger bars if you travel 30 minutes.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Among the interns we definitely talk about it but we worked so much most of us were way too tired.
Imagine yourself working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at Enterprise Rent-A-Car