1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic working environment, with a really helpful and supportive team.
Involved in actual team projects from the start, ensuring good exposure to the industry
Internship program had an excellent training week, followed by multiple events including socials and speaker series.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Involved in actual team projects from the start, which ensured that we felt involved.
Was part of client calls, which meant that colleagues wanted us to have full vision of the project.
Over the course of the internship, was given more and more responsibility which demonstrated increasing value.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Had bi-weekly meetings with staffer, who regularly reviewed our progress and work streams.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Toward the second half of the internship, I was involved in projects comprehensively, which meant I had work streams which lasted a few days. This meant that I was very busy, but could plan my time. Initially, I was given many arbitrary tasks to support the analysts in their day-to-day. This difference is typical given staffing periods.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As an intern, it is hard to have significant responsibility. But given this fact, I felt I was given the right level of responsibility given my experience and skill-base.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have been able to learn a lot about Investment Banking through engaging with several different projects, as well as different kinds of analysis. This will give me the knowledge needed to develop my understanding of corporate finance and business.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office has a good atmosphere as people are very friendly and support each other. The office itself is a bit uninspiring, but this is the case in places like this. Overall, it was a pleasant place to work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship program was very organised with reviews, trainings and events throughout. This ensured I was constantly thinking about my experience.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We started the program with week-long training including valuation, accounting, excel etc.
Throughout the internship my colleagues always gave time to explain certain concepts or pieces of analysis to me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Citi is a fantastic organisation that values diversity and allows people to shape their career they want to. I would definitely recommend working at Citi.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Individuals were very likable and social, but there was not that much socialising outside the job given the nature of the work. But working alongside them was good.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had a charity football event between several times in the Bank, which was a great way to get out of the office and socialise with the team. There was also the summer party during our time, which was nice.