• Supporting sales team in preparation of travel packages
• Responding to customer enquiries
• Promoting and selling our range of festival and tournament products
• Supporting marketing team in the maintenance of all online and offline marketing material – including website editing and campaign management.
• Design and implementation of social media strategies
• Escorting teams on tours to European destinations
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyable as I got to have an insight into all aspects of the organisation
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
SME so a really tight nit bunch. Plenty of group incentives Month on Month whiched helps to bring the team together. Also lived with 3 members of staff which helped the team grow.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Bi-Monthly review to aid development
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Daily and weekly tasks lists helped to prioritise work load
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Plenty! - rose from sales assistant to Marketing executive, monthly reports to GM and attend monthly CRM Forums
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Office skills will aid in future life.
Work ethic will aid in university and future life - (tremendously!)
Insight into Marketing will aid studies and set me up for a future career
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Busy times to hit target but always a fun atmosphere
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Few learn as we go situations. all in all great placement
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Free online training courses
Opportunities to travel world to develop skills internationally
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Been offered a job after university and have been asked to extend my current contract
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lived with the students so partied when we could
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
free rent in pay cheque
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Derby - nuff said...
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Plenty - joined local gym as well as local rugby team - we are gonna get promoted