1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have been given real responsibility during the internship and was able to develop and learn quickly throughout the course. By communicating with high level stakeholders, I enhanced my communication and business writing skills. In addition, I participated in a few join me day session, which allows me to learn more about different areas within the bank. People here are very supportive.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was very valued by my manager and she trusted me a lot to carry on project that are in regulatory compliance. She trusted me communicating with multiple high level stakeholders and building on the work independently. My team is very supportive in the things I do as well. And they would take time out of their work to help me whenever possible.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
They would answer my questions in a quick manner and offer me guidance about what to study. They patiently answer any small questions to help me progress with my project work.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As my project had a regulatory compliance deadline, I sometimes might need to stay a little after work to finish up work. But would not be too late. I enjoy the fast pace in the environment.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was trusted by my manager very well and put as a first contact point when she is not in office and thus feel very valued.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Communication skills, team working skills, time management skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Lively, not too serious and pleasant to work in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very good, always communicated ahead of time.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were development days and many useful skill building workshops organized.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there were plenty, but feel like a bit too alcohol-centric.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not sure as I am not keen on this.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?