1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I got on fantastically with my team and we bonded well. I was sad to leave them at the end of my internship. I felt I added value to the office through the tasks I completed for them, however the work completed could've been more complex and less menial in order to feel truly like an equal with my colleagues
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support from the central internship management team was second to none. In the office the support was lacking at first which meant I had to create good connections with those in my team in order to get the support I needed. But this is normal for any working environment and is part of the journey of an intern.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At first I wasn't busy at all and I had to ask for work and find ways to occupy myself. I wish I had been given more actual tasks and projects in the beginning as this led to me not enjoying the first few weeks massively. Nearer the end I was a lot busier however I feel like I expected more work from an internship at HSBC.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was left unsupervised to complete most of my work and I had a lot of interaction with clients and key stakeholders
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed time management skills, a stronger work ethic, motivation, self confidence
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I had a great team. The office was comfortable and friendly. We regularly went out for drinks and socialised
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
great central organisation, lots of offsite days for all the interns to network
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Lots of investment - workshops on wellbeing, personal self-development
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Strong chance of getting on the grad scheme depending on placement performance
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Regent street - amazing bars
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?