Commercial Banking Summer Intern at HSBC

Banking and Finance Law

HSBC is a Top Employer

7.4/10

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

I got on fantastically with my team and we bonded well. I was sad to leave them at the end of my internship. I felt I added value to the office through the tasks I completed for them, however the work completed could've been more complex and less menial in order to feel truly like an equal with my colleagues

Support from the central internship management team was second to none. In the office the support was lacking at first which meant I had to create good connections with those in my team in order to get the support I needed. But this is normal for any working environment and is part of the journey of an intern.

At first I wasn't busy at all and I had to ask for work and find ways to occupy myself. I wish I had been given more actual tasks and projects in the beginning as this led to me not enjoying the first few weeks massively. Nearer the end I was a lot busier however I feel like I expected more work from an internship at HSBC.

I was left unsupervised to complete most of my work and I had a lot of interaction with clients and key stakeholders

I developed time management skills, a stronger work ethic, motivation, self confidence

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

I had a great team. The office was comfortable and friendly. We regularly went out for drinks and socialised

great central organisation, lots of offsite days for all the interns to network

Lots of investment - workshops on wellbeing, personal self-development

• There were no perks with this Internship

Strong chance of getting on the grad scheme depending on placement performance

It's London